Blueberry Lemon Cobbler
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, washed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- zest from half of a lemon
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cold Brooklyn Buttery Lemon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Ice cream for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 1 medium sized baking dish and set aside.
Place blueberries, sugar, flour and lemon zest in a small bowl and toss until combined. Transfer blueberry mixture to greased baking dish and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Use your fingers to work the lemon butter into flour mixture until it forms coarse pea sized crumb.
Make a well in the middle of bowl with crumb. Mix the buttermilk and crumb until just moistened.
Carefully drop moistened dough over blueberries in the baking dish. Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of demerara sugar on top.
Place cobbler in the oven and bake at 375 F for 40 minutes, until fruit is bubbly and top is golden.
Remove from oven and allow cobbler to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.